Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Gift




Last week I had a small surgery on my toe.  This week I had to go back for a follow-up.  As dad and I were gone, mom and my brothers went to the grocery store.
When I got home, I went to finish up my Geometry work.
I heard the rest of the family coming in the door from grocery shopping.  After a little while I heard my brothers calling me.  So I went up to the kitchen to see what they wanted.
Mom said, "They got this for you."
I turned and looked at the kitchen table to see what they got.  I thought it would be a special food or a joke (they are brothers of course).

But I saw an Orchid.
I've always wanted an Orchid.  Every time we would walk into the store and see them, I'd admire them, and my brothers and I would talk about the different ones.


The one that they picked out was the very type that I wanted.

They said that it was for my toe as a Get Well:)

Of course, they didn't really want to admit that they were excited to pick it out, or, "It was So and So's idea, and I just........", you get the idea.

Right now it is sitting on my desk up in my room, brightening up the gloomy winter days.


6 comments:

  1. ouch! Hope your feeling better! aw, that was sweet! Flowers always brighten up a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel much better from your surgery! And orchids! They are so pretty.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!! Wilson, Harrison, & MIles, you all are so wonderful to do that for your sister!!! Love you all so much! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orchids are so beautiful :) I really enjoy them too :)
    Hope your toe feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking pattern on your beautiful flower. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    May your recovery be speedy and complete. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel a lot better after your surgery! Beautiful flowers.
    Claire
    http://brightandclearblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete